Senior Software Developer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Develop tools to support Asset Backed Security trading. You will build applications to give the traders the insight they need to make informed decisions so accuracy, time to market, and visual measures are important. You will be responsible for all of the system pieces. From designing and building backend services to middleware to client UI, you will be building custom software that puts the knowledge in the userâ€™s hands. You will be working with PIMCO infrastructure teams to build less so you can spend more effort on business code. At PIMCO, we build state of the art applications using innovative tools both public and private. We are a small team so it we expect that you will do full cycle software design, development, and testing. This position is in a team that works directly for the business. RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for someone who can have an impact immediately. The candidate needs to have strong software development skills, excellent problem solving methods, and will take ownership of their work. This position is supporting our ABS pre-trading team. Our software helps them make recommendations on trade positions within large deals. Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness are our core goals. While building our systems, it is expecting to adhere to a common platform to assure anyone in the team can quickly modify or enhance for quick delivery. You will often work directly with product managers so knowing ABS finance terms at a basic level is needed. Candidate will be actively contributing to our architecture and future paths. Position Requirements:
- Solid background in developing institutional finance products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full stack development skills including experience in the following areas:
- Proficient in C#
- Working knowledge with WPF UI
- Development of WebApi services
- Python experience preferred
- UNIX fundamentals. Scripting, permissions, SSH, mostly basics
- Database SQL development. Oracle, SybaseIQ, MS-SQL, SQLite, R
- Prism concepts a plus
- Cloud technology experience a plus
- 10+ years of working experience
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office