Senior Middle Office Associate
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Senior Middle Office Associate
Middle Office Associate
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO has over 2,400 employees in 13 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The Middle Office Team manages the day-to-day operational support of the PIMCO trading platform. On a daily basis, Middle Office Associates utilize their training and experience to manage the operational trade flow. Middle Office Associates are encouraged to engage with cross-functional colleagues within teams such as Legal and Compliance, Portfolio Management, Portfolio Associates, Operations, Technology and State Street IMS West. The Middle Office Team will also engage external service providers, such as counterparties, as part of core control function assigned to the team.
Position Development Value:
- Open team learning environment focused on operational processes and procedures
- Exposure to global offices with a potential to contribute to the global operational process
- Direct opportunity to contribute to operational best practices to benefit the PIMCO trade flow
- Extensive exposure to industry experts within PIMCO Operations and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues cross-functionally and globally
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
Location: Newport Beach, CA.
- Facilitating the lifecycle of a trade including coordination with the Portfolio Management, Legal and Compliance, State Street IMS, and other teams as necessary
- Researching and resolving daily inquiries from internal and external groups
- Managing trade related deadlines
- Confirm block level trades with PIMCO counterparties
- Utilizing technology to create efficiencies throughout the daily workflow
- Leading Middle Office participation in the launch of new processes and products, including gathering requirements, testing, and implementation of new and/or revised procedures
- Developing and analyzing internal trade flow metrics, recommending process improvements
Middle Office Associate Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and/or equivalent work experience in the investment management or securities industry; preferred Finance or Economics major
- Technology skills, specifically Bloomberg and Microsoft Excel (programming) are a plus
- Able to work independently and as part of a team; intuitive and a quick learner
- Thoughtful and ethical; demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to network with various departmental personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.