Senior Financial Analyst
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Senior Financial Analyst - Responsible for performing key components of the reporting and forecasting process.
The candidate must be a self-motivated, innovative and a solution minded individual with an analytical mindset, solid communication, and problem solving skills. Attention to detail, accountability, and flexibility are essential.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions: (including the following, other duties may be assigned)
Financial Reporting & Analysis, budgeting and forecasting include but are not limited to:
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly financial results for assigned departments and/or business units.
- Contribute to the development of the annual budget and interim re-forecasts.
- Analyze and interpret monthly variances and trends between budgets, actual and prior results in developing projections and forecast.
- Produce various monthly and quarterly reports summarizing financial results.
- Calculate quarterly sales commission payments and produce corresponding statements by sales person.
- Calculate expense accrual entries as part of monthly Accounting close process.
- Special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and analysis.
- Assist with documentation and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement through report automation.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Financial Analyst or similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment as well as work independently with little supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of accounting principles highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and listening.
- Experience and ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks, challenges, and aggressive deadlines.
- Strong commitment to produce quality work and experience in responding effectively to inquiries from various levels of management.
- Advanced PC skills, particularly experience working with complex Microsoft Excel workbooks.
- Experience using Oracle Cloud EPM, Hyperion Essbase Excel Add-in, Hyperion Planning and SAP or other multidimensional database, reporting and consolidation applications and ERP system is highly desirable.
- Experience in the Asset Management industry is a plus.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office