Senior DevOps Engineer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Core Engineering group provides the building blocks, platforms and self-service tools that facilitate the creation of high availability, operationally resilient and scalable applications to enable our business to deliver value to our clients. Quite simply, we make it easier for other people to operate.
As part of this team, you will join a talented group of technology professionals who enjoy improving all aspects of continuous delivery, automating infrastructure running development tools such as Gitlab, Artifactory and other build tools, orchestrating infrastructure as code (eg. Terraform, Ansible or chef) to both on premise datacenters and to AWS! WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Position Requirements: WHAT YOU WILL NEED?
- Work in close collaboration with our engineering teams to understand their requirements, produce designs and implement solutions to their problems.
- "Administer" Gitlab and Artifactory clusters in On-premise datacenters.
- Orchestrate deployment into private and public cloud solutions.
- Automate everything!
- Identify friction and remove it wherever you find it.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in an engineering field.
- 5+ years of "operational experience" as a system administrator running production systems.
- 2+ years of "operational experience" of system administering Gitlab clusters in an on-premise environment. Administrative experience in similar CI/CD tools such as Github, Jenkins will be considered.
- Knowledge of Continuous delivery concepts, "pipeline as code" and "infrastructure as code"
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, Ansible or Chef.
- Strong knowledge of Linux SRE skills, VMware experience desired.
- Experience of Python and/or shell scripting.
- Application development in Java , .Net or Python is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS ec2, VPCs, network and Load balancers is a plus
- Ability to be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office