PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is seeking a Product Associate to join the Alternative Credit & Private Strategies team. This position will play a key role in helping to build and support PIMCO's $113bn+ suite of Alternative Credit & Private Strategies products, including mortgage credit and real estate, corporate credit, and tactical credit by partnering with teams across the firm including Portfolio Management, Client Management, Legal & Compliance and other areas. We have flexibility to fill this positon in New York (preferred), Newport Beach or Austin. Responsibilities
- Prepare attribution, commentary, and other reports for clients and Account Managers
- Perform detailed research and quantitative analysis with Excel, Bloomberg, and other analytics
- Maintain marketing and servicing materials such as presentation books and other general education materials
- Serve as a resource to internal and external stakeholders to address questions related to the Alternative Credit & Private Strategies business
- Contribute to internal strategic dialogue related to the growth and development of the Alternative Credit & Private Strategies platform
- Complete ad hoc research projects
- Assist with requests for proposals (RFPs) and due diligence questionnaires (DDQs)
- Strong mathematical and quantitative abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience (preferably in Alternatives)
- Well organized, high energy level, and self-starter
- Ability to multi-task
- The ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel both internally and externally; strong team player
- Enthusiasm for the financial markets and investment management
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and reasonable proficiency with Bloomberg preferred
- CFA designation (or active status in program) a plus
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 104,500.00 - $ 122,500.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.