Portfolio Risk Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is recruiting for a Risk Manager to join the Portfolio Risk Management Team in our Newport Beach office.
This position is based in Newport Beach with a focus on both fundamental and systematic fixed income based portfolios. This risk manager will work to identify top investment themes and risks in the portfolios and analyze how they are expressed, sized, and managed.
The Risk Manager is responsible for
- Assessing portfolio strategies including reviews of risk positioning relative to client risk and return objectives.
- Partner with portfolio managers in the review of portfolio construction and concentrations.
- Engage with portfolio managers and credit analysts in analyzing investment risks and identifying potential risk scenarios.
- Construct stress test scenarios and provide analysis of tail risks in portfolios.
- Utilize analytical tools to understand portfolio betas and to identify correlated positions.
- Partner with internal teams such as analytics and technology to improve and extend existing tools and capabilities.
- A minimum of two to four years of relevant fixed income experience
- Degree with concentration in engineering, science, math, finance, economics or other related quantitative/analytical field from a leading, accredited college or university. Master's degree and professional certifications such as CFA or FRM preferred
- Advanced abilities with Excel and SQL, Bloomberg knowledge, required. Programming skills in coding languages such as Matlab, Python, VBA preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, process large amounts of information
- Strong communication skills that allow the risk analyst to effectively partner with portfolio managers and other internal stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high intensity, trade floor environment.
- Self-motivated and dedicated work ethic and integrity. Focus on getting the job done, understanding time constraints and pressures associated with being part of a fast paced trade floor environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to work with different departments including technology, financial engineering, operations, trade processing and portfolio management.
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to solve problems in a timely basis.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office