We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a lead strategist to join the alternative-investment team in our Newport Beach office. The lead quant will be responsible for analyzing private investments in among other things, special situations / specialty finance, and other non-conventional assets. The strategist will work alongside the deal-team in valuing and pricing complex transactions in banking, asset servicing, insurance / re-insurance and lending markets.
He/she will analyze investment opportunities but also contribute to the firm's analytical infrastructure by means of developing new pricing models and programming code/libraries. Position Requirements:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience (top buy-side/sell-side firm) in a quantitative role
- Advanced degree required from top school (PhD degree preferred) in quantitative field: finance, economics, applied mathematics, physics/engineering
- Experience with structured finance/credit, credit derivatives and CDO/CLOs, strong knowledge of corporate finance, and some experience with consumer credit.
- Some programming knowledge of object oriented programming or scripting language
- Strong quant/analytical skills. Familiarity with asset-backed structured products (and Intex a plus)
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office