Marketing Insights Analyst, VP
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are in the midst of an exciting global transformation and seeking a hardworking Marketing Insights and Analytics specialist to lead a team of data scientists and analysts who will drive our highest priority data initiatives.
Reporting to VP Marketing Strategy and Analytics, you will drive proactive and predictive analytics and stand up the related infrastructure, helping our leaders optimize marketing strategies and enabling business growth. You will be responsible for delivering data and insights real-time in unique and innovative ways to drive decisions for the firm. This person will be an analytics leader with vision, using data methodologies and data science to transform global team operating models to be more data driven.
- Implement and promote standard methodologies as it relates to analytics. Provide a cohesive, standardized approach. Establish standards in special projects which include the implementation of a new enterprise system in partnership with product management and technology teams.
- Architect future performance measurement capabilities within marketing - formalizing analytic methodology, approach & KPIs
- Build, develop and maintain team capabilities to deliver advanced data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support insights and testing
- Create dashboards and reporting to enable self-serve analytics within PowerBI
- Initiate and drive data projects - writing clear requirements for our product management and technology groups
- Responsible for existing software decommission as we move to enterprise technology stack
- B.A. or B.S., preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
- 7+ years overall professional experience in analytics, data science, management consulting, or similar roles - with 2+ years managing teams
- Experience working with Python, R programming languages
- Relevant experience in analyzing marketing performance and comfort querying large data sets
- Clear communication of analytical findings across audience types (subject-matter-expert and non-technical) and levels (peers and executives)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work seamlessly with multiple stakeholders in a cross functional team of analysts, marketers, technologists, and product managers
- Committed to PIMCOs values: Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence that allow us to bring the best to our clients and each other
- Prior experience with top startup, strategy, or media consulting firm analyzing marketing performance and delivering contextual reporting to executive teams
- Prioritize competing demands with a focus on delivering business value, impact, and operational efficiency
- Ability to develop frameworks for steering complex analytics projects
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, manage deadlines, and support or lead dynamic initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity effectively and is energized working in environments where the solution is not always explicit
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office