Manager, Talent Development Systems
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 23 Apr 19
Manager, Talent Development Systems
Please note this position can be based in New York, NY, Newport Beach, CA or Austin, Texas.
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO is investing heavily in Talent Development with a focus on upgrading our talent processes, learning solutions, and HR systems, and we are seeking a Manager of Talent Development Systems to join our team. Specifically, we are expanding our talent systems and digital learning platforms for improved functionality, analytics, and real time learning.
We are looking for a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic, high performing environment. You will perform multiple duties within our Learning Management System (Cornerstone) and Performance Management System (Saba), in support of our overall HR and talent strategy. You will partner with IT, and across our global HR team, to launch new and improved systems and modules that better position managers and employees for greater effectiveness. You will help us lead this transition to greater efficiency and broader opportunities for learning for our global population of employees. We are seeking a professional who is passionate about learning and is experienced with creative development solutions. There is ample room for growth and global impact for the right person.
Specifically, the Manager, Talent Development Systems, is responsible for ensuring the effective administration of our Performance Management and Learning Management Systems. This includes handling roles and permissions, testing and posting new events, content curation, surveys and metrics, troubleshooting administrative and user technical issues, documenting relative processes and policies, and developing reports and queries for a variety of internal constituents. You will handle vendor relationships, contracts, and budgets, and partners with other teams and colleagues as needed, on strategic projects, innovation and system upgrades to features and functionality. This person creates and maintains digital learning platforms and solutions, curates content, and develops learning tools and videos to be posted on our intranet and in our LMS. From time to time, you may also establish and maintains multi-rater assessments, e-learning modules and various other development resources.
- Maintains Performance Management (EPM) and Learning Management System (LMS) including troubleshooting and fixing user issues, and ensuring system accessibility and technical standards
- Creates and manages learning events, content, and in-house tools and resources in the LMS in support of Talent Development, HR and IDC development initiatives
- Partners with vendors to build and track learning paths, communications, surveys and metrics, and performance tools and formats in the EPM, as needed
- Provides LMS and EPM system support to leadership and employees; Trains managers, colleagues and employees on basic use of the systems' self-serve functionalities and the creates technical checklists and learning tools
- Develops reports and queries that are concise, intuitive, and actionable for organizational users.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves problems with content, LMS configuration and infrastructure; and with objective setting, manager assignments, and year end reviews in EPM
- Leads vendor management (includes maintaining the relationship, deliverables, QBRs, pricing, contracts and metrics);
- Tests all changes to LMS and EPM, posts and test e-Learning modules, ensures accurate audience assignment and functionality
- Leads the installation of all system updates, upgrades, integrated tools, and other software integrated within the LMS.
- Track and responds to Talent Development mailbox inquiries and feedback.
- Builds surveys and pulls survey data for learning and performance evaluation analysis.
- Compiles and communicates performance metrics for online and classroom training courses in order to measure training effectiveness, and ensure year end reviews and objective setting occurs on time
- Creates and launches multi-rater assessments, e-learning modules and other related projects
- Makes recommendations on future improvements to content management, workflow processes, and user experience.
- Bachelor's degree required plus 5+ years of experience administering a Learning Management System, Performance Management System and related technologies
- Exceptional customer service skills; excellent oral and written communication
- Strong analytical and decision making skills, as well as strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn and take ownership of new technologies quickly
- Professional demeanor for both internal and external interactions
- Curriculum management experience (large, complex and changing programs)
- Knowledge of AICC/SCORM standards, and testing of AICC/SCORM courses
- Ability to document and articulate system workflows and functionality
- Experience running digital assets and databases
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Is a self-starter and has the ability to work both independently and with a team
- Fluency with Cornerstone OnDemand LMS
- Fluency with Saba or PeopleSoft
- Experience with web design and development, and maintenance of web pages and portals.
- Content development and e-learning experience a plus
YOU WILL DEMONSTRATE SKILLS IN THE AREAS OF:
- Critical thinking
- Analytical thinking
- Working independently
- Working with and embracing ambiguity
- Project and time management
- Written and verbal communications
- Independent Analysis
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office