Head of Inclusion & Diversity
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a Head of Inclusion & Diversity to advance diversity, inclusion and culture within our workplace. Inclusion & Diversity is a firm-wide strategic priority and we believe in a diverse workforce, where all employees can bring their authentic selves to work and know that they belong and are valued. The primary responsibility of the role is to drive the design and implementation of HR programs, policies and strategies to foster greater inclusion, representation and equity across businesses globally, building on current efforts to enable the firm to continue to attract, develop, retain and engage top talent. You will oversee essential inclusion practices and programs, bring thought leadership internally and externally, and support the development of KPIs to measure progress.
We are seeking a seasoned Inclusion & Diversity leader who will champion, promote, and lead our strategic efforts and be responsible for delivering innovative solutions to develop a truly diverse workforce and foster an inclusive culture, celebrating diverse perspectives and experiences. This individual will report to Robin Shanahan, Managing Director and Co-Chief Operating Officer and partner closely with the PIMCO Executive Committee, PIMCOâ€™s Executive Office, Business Heads, and HR leaders. She/he will ensure we develop a road-map that increases PIMCOâ€™s representation, foster a culture of inclusion and awareness, and drive equity and fairness in all that we do. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a thought leader in the organization on all aspects of Inclusion & Diversity, bringing innovative, leading edge ideas, programs and best practices to PIMCO.
- Understand PIMCO and develop measurable short and long-term diversity and inclusion approaches and programs that support strategic business goals.
- Advise, coach, and partner, with diversity in mind, with business heads and managers to integrate best practices into their processes for their individual teams by providing them the tools and resources needed to be the most effective.
- Create and execute communications and change management strategies to increase awareness among all colleagues in partnership with Global HR, Global Marketing and Corporate Communications colleagues.
- Effectively communicate and be a strategic thought leader both internally and externally. Clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas, unique concepts, and proposals to target audiences on Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Create an external Inclusion & Diversity strategy that supports key stakeholder relationships and talent pipelining.
- Maximize the partnerships we have with key organizations to build the firmâ€™s employer brand and market the firmâ€™s employee value proposition within diverse communities.
- Provide coaching, subject matter expert advice, education and consultation to executives, HR and business leaders to develop goals and practices that positively impact diversity and inclusion outcomes.
- Partner with Leadership & Organizational Development and Learning to develop a contemporary, comprehensive, best in class Inclusion & Diversity learning and development strategy from foundational to advanced levels for all colleagues.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners to develop and implement IDC strategies for their respective business/function.
- Collaborate with the Global Head of Talent Acquisition & Learning to implement effective diversity sourcing, recruiting, new hire onboarding, and internal mobility strategies at all levels.
- Support and enable PIMCOâ€™s Inclusion & Diversity work streams including employee led affinity groups, events, and education by providing coordinated tools, resources, guidance and thought leadership to increase diversity efforts and impact.
- Partner with the Workforce Analytics team to develop, maintain and monitor diversity metrics, dashboards and reports that enable data-driven decision making to drive change in the organization.
- Represent PIMCOâ€™s diversity and inclusion philosophy, approach, efforts and outcomes externally with individuals, influencers, and partner organizations within the community and at key external events.
- Recognize and create programs to support regional, local, and remote employeesâ€™ needs, issues, and initiatives
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field. Master's degree or MBA highly desirable.
- 15+ years of experience in Human Resources with a strong focus and track record of success leading Diversity & Inclusion.
- Passionate about diversity, inclusion, equity, and addressing the impact of external social events in the workplace.
- Advanced knowledge of diversity, inclusion, global cultural competencies and equity strategies with demonstrated experience innovating and crafting creative solutions that address key business challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience with relationship management and partnering with multiple stakeholders. Highly collaborative with strong influencing skills.
- Experience delivering projects for large, global, cross-functional audiences.
- Broad and global knowledge of diversity and inclusion processes, procedures, best practices, resources and networks.
- Excellent strategic planning skills, solutions-focus, creative problem-solving capability, project management skills and results-orientation.
- A strong work ethic and emotional intelligence, including the ability to influence at all levels of the institution and drive change.
- Experience leading a team of direct and indirect reports to achieve shared goals and meaningful outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include written, oral, listening, and presentation, and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a diverse environment.
- Excellent executive presence, ability to work at the most senior level of the company with confidence and courage.
- A high energy, results-oriented, learning agile and resourceful leader who is capable of quickly grasping his/her responsibilities.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven, demonstrated ownership and accountability.
- Able to travel (domestic and/or international) dependent on business and client needs â€" approx. 25%
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office