We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
We are seeking a skilled financial software developer who will work as part of the technology team to build (platform transformation), optimize and support the risk and performance attribution model used across the firm. Candidate will work closely with Quants for business feature additions, platform engineering for implementing firm's technical guidelines and will be responsible for delivering the expected features. Candidate is also expected to lead and mentor a small team of developers. Responsibilities
- Understanding Business requirements and developing software solutions for complex analytics financial applications, dealing with high data volumes.
- Keeping up to date with python standards and advancements in application development.
- Co-ordinate with internal partners such as Analytics and Technology Operations to determine scope of development projects and ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Collaborate with core engineering and architecture teams to ensure that application development is done as per platform standards.
- Constantly look for opportunities for technical improvements and achieving scalability in Cloud in a cost effective way.
- Coordinating planning and management for all business-critical technology processes and functions, including systems design, software development, software testing, disaster recovery etc.(Specific to the Application)
- Minimum 6+ years of professional experience working in the investment management or software development role/domain.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or engineering is desirable.
- Strong Python skills and proficiency is required in this role.
- AWS exposure is required as the exiting application runs on Cloud.
- Intermediate SQL/Database Query experience required. Knowledge of REST is needed.
- Strong knowledge of Client/Server architectures and Representational State Transfer (REST).
- Working knowledge of GitLab and deployment pipelines automation (CI/CD) is needed.
- Exposure to finance (degree/CFA/work experience) is a plus.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 150,000.00 - $ 225,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.