Credit Alternative Product Strategist
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
Credit Alternative Product Strategist
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an experienced professional with deep knowledge of the credit markets and strong communications and relationship skills for a mid-level level position in the Alternatives Product Strategy group focusing on credit alternative strategies based in Newport Beach or NYC. The successful candidate will act as one of our credit alternatives experts within our client facing group advocating our strategies internally and externally and guiding the development of new strategies.
The candidate will be responsible for positioning and communicating PIMCO's credit alternative strategies directly to institutional, high net worth and intermediary clients as well as to client facing professionals internally. The successful candidate will also be responsible for partnering with our portfolio managers and client facing professionals to identify and develop new fund strategies and vehicles that can capitalize on market opportunities.
He/she must be a highly collaborative professional focused on building partnerships, both internally and externally. This individual will assist in leading a group of product strategy associates and analysts.
- Represent PIMCO's credit alternative strategies to a range of institutional clients along with consultants and intermediary clients to drive business development.
- Accompany client facing professionals in client meetings acting as the portfolio management team's proxy and proficient in detailing investment strategy, performance, and individual investment rationale.
- Partner with portfolio managers, legal and compliance, and, operations/finance to structure new products. Provide ongoing feedback from clients and the market to refine and enhance existing products. Collaborate with team members to develop credit alternatives messaging, marketing materials and investor reports.
- Serve as the primary investment contact internally for client facing professionals and act as point person for investor queries regarding PIMCO's credit market views broadly, credit alternative fund investment decisions as well as specific fund related details.
- Manage client relationships with existing investors and function as a key contact for credit alternative strategies by providing clients with continuous investment and portfolio updates.
- Work closely with portfolio managers to maintain a high degree of investment product fluency and credibility in the marketplace. Stay abreast of investment themes, industry, market and portfolio dynamics, investment opportunities and pipeline.
- Manage a team to complete requests for proposal/information and due diligence questionnaires.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of credit investing and the ability to become fluent in a wide range of credit oriented strategies, including structured credit, corporate credit and credit relative value. He/she must also have client relationships skills, stature to serve as a PIMCO representative, and strong communication skills.
- 7+ years of experience in credit markets: preferably including investment experience in both liquid and illiquid credit strategies
- Client relationship skills: ideally with prior exposure to a wide range of investor types
- Communication skills: strong written and oral communication skills with prior experience developing messaging, marketing materials and investor reports
- Strong academic credentials: undergraduate degree from a respected institution, and, preferably, an M.B.A. and/or C.F.A.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.