PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. LOCATION: This role is located in Austin, Texas with flexibility to be based in Newport Beach, CA or New York, NY.
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an Account Associate for the Institutional Middle Market team.
The Account Associate serves a unique and multifaceted role based around servicing PIMCO's institutional clients and supporting expansion efforts in the market segment. The individuals that make up this team ensure the delivery of the highest level of service to clients and prospects. The primary responsibilities of the associates and analysts are to work alongside account managers as part of dedicated relationship teams, actively participate in business development initiatives competitor research using internal and external databases. In addition to client servicing and business development responsibilities, most members of the group participate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program through the CFA Institute. Key relationships
- PIMCO Investment Professionals and Associates in Account Management, Product Strategy, and Portfolio Management.
- PIMCO Fund Operations Group
- Current and prospective clients
- Draft internal business presentations and prepare client-servicing materials
- Increase efficiency and improve sales abilities by using business intelligence and data, deploying marketing and thought leadership regularly, segmenting clients routinely and recording client information in CRM via consistent profiling efforts.
- Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other important information directly or indirectly to clients, prospective clients and consultants
- Build and maintain a variety of materials to support new business development and existing business initiatives
- Gather, analyze, and discuss market trends with colleagues and clients
- Summarize and explain sophisticated financial and economic concepts to educate clients
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel required, and solid understanding of data querying tools a plus
- Self-starter, ability to work within the firm's fast paced and highly focused environment
- Outstanding relationship building, time-management, multi-tasking, and organization skills
- Ability to clearly articulate analysis, written and verbally
- Knowledge of fixed income securities and portfolio management techniques
- Work efficiently with all levels of personnel as part of a team with a clear dedication to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
Must possess a four-year college degree. Progress towards the CFA designation is a plus. Account Analyst
0-2 years of experience in the financial services industry and a strong interest in fixed income and economics. Account Associate
2-4 years of experience in financial services industry and a strong background in fixed income or economics.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 90,000.00 - $ 122,500.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.