Business Analyst – Services
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
Business Analyst – Services
We Are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm that manages some $1.5 trillion in assets for savers and other clients around the world. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of investment strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, real estate, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity.
Why PIMCO? At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO's Technology Team is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, and Tokyo.
- Manage delivery of core services projects and enhancements
- Improve business alignment on the priorities of IT delivery
- Leverage technology to provide transparency on the project portfolio and ongoing prioritization
- Champion agile development methodology and frameworks
- Contribute and share best practices on project management and SDLC principle and standards
- Enable team collaboration and IT knowledge sharing
- 3-7 years of professional experience in business analysis.
- Strong business analyst/project mgmt skillset with experience in managing concurrent multiple technology projects
- Experience in financial services, specifically in Asset Management and core data: Reference, Position, Transaction, Market, Account, etc.
- Proven ability to influence business and technology leaders
- Demonstrate ability to lead with focus on continuous improvement and change management activities
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communications with proven ability to gain trust from teams and stakeholders while establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Actively inquisitive - listen and ask questions to determine and meet stakeholders and development team needs
- Go beyond normal job responsibilities to ensure commitments are kept and delivered in a timely manner
- Focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
- Foster a sense of teamwork, take initiative to assist others when required and/or as needed
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment
- Maintain a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Have a strong sense of honesty and integrity
- Develop, foster and maintain strong working relationships
- Self-starter who knows how to drive results through large teams
- Develop and apply new ideas, approaches and methods with an entrepreneurial spirit
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.