Associate, Training and Development
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: What's the Role?
The Training and Development Associate role requires a high degree of professionalism, organization, and detail orientation, coupled with the ability to multitask and prioritize. This role will provide support for our global Leadership & Organizational Development and Learning programs. You will partner with our Workday HR team to ensure we're maximizing Workday Learning & Talent and Performance Modules. You'll further partner with Workforce Analytics to gather and report out on data related to the programs we run. Additionally, you'll partner with key stakeholders including Workforce Analytics to deploy PIMCO's training survey strategy across training programs to gather feedback from participants and present findings to functional leads for continued improvement. PIMCO's functional leads of Learning Programs and Leadership & Organizational Development will be two important stakeholders. You will contribute to the team's focus on our goal to be a firm committed to developing top talent by providing access to targeted development that builds capability, increases capacity and improves overall effectiveness and performance. Responsibilities:
• Aid in the execution of global training programs by being a Workday Learning and Talent & Performance superuser
• Gather feedback from HR team members and stakeholders and work with HR Workday Team to support Workday Learning & Talent & Performance enhancements
• Partner with L&OD and Learning to launch and provide regular status updates on Workday learning campaigns and performance processes such as year-end, talent reviews, and goal setting
• Deploy PIMCO's survey strategy across all training programs. Consolidate participant feedback, identify common themes and report out to key stakeholders. Review feedback to propose program adjustments as needed.
• Support program execution lead by Talent Development Delivery Team members, L&OD, Learning, and PIMCO's Employee Resource Groups. This may include coordination of logistics, collaboration with facilitators/presenters, production/disbursement of materials, leveraging Workday Learning, communicating with participants; day-of support and post-event follow up.
• Proactively and accurately respond to inbound communications and requests from employees and HR colleagues to the Training & Development Experience Team's general email mailbox and phone lines
• Provide thoughtful, accurate and timely information to HR colleagues and employees, managers, and business leaders
• Support further build out of GPS Talent Delivery & participation in HR Modernization efforts Position Requirements:
• Working knowledge of Workday Learning and Talent and Performance modules
• Data analytics ability - synthesizing large data sets into easy to understand and actionable takeaways
• 2-4 years of experience in human resources learning or talent development
• High attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
• Strong critical thinking skills - ability to exercise judgement and take initiative
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment including sense of urgency for all requests
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams simultaneously
• Willingness to embrace new HR technologies and changing processes
• Ability to balance working independently, proactively, and under pressure to meet frequent deadlines, with working collaboratively amongst team members and colleagues
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Proven ability to provide excellent customer service
• Exhibit intellectual curiosity and resourcefulness to find additional information to better understand issues and topics at hand and uses this information to present thoughtful new ideas
• Experience with Glint
• Bachelor's Degree
We encourage individuals to apply even if their experience does not exactly match the qualifications. PIMCO values diverse backgrounds and fresh perspectives and we look forward to hearing how your skills may align with this role. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office