Associate, Business Development Support
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Associate, Business Development Support
The Business Development Support (BDS) Team partners with PIMCO's client servicing and business development groups to service the firm's expanding client base and aid in establishing new relationships. Specifically, BDS is responsible for responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Due Diligence requests, Client Questionnaires and Consultant Databases. The Team will actively bolster its solutions-driven partnerships with teams firm wide, and internally focus on professional development to enhance its members' investment acumen and parallel the firm's continued leadership and diligence in the industry. BDS Associates are required to complete a rigorous training program to help them get acclimated to the role and to gain more exposure to the asset management industry. Associates work in a team structure that aids them in developing and demonstrating financial acumen, oral and written communication, analytical thinking, and problem solving.
- Supports BDS team in all areas of the RFP process
- Gain exposure and develop a strong understanding of the investment philosophy and strategy of PIMCO's products
- Leverages team by answering standard firm and product questions to help meet stringent deadlines
- Maintain and update firm/product profiles across all consultant and third party databases
- Develop and maintain relationships with consulting firms and complete ad-hoc requests from institutional consultants
- Maintains high profile qualitative and quantitative information by retrieving data and updating standard information on firm and products
- Act as a liaison between RFP team and various Subject Matter Experts to proactively update RFP content
- Assist team in managing client service requests by helping to qualify and distribute client questionnaires and ad-hoc requests amongst team members
- Assist deadline heavy team with time management by scheduling internal strategy meetings for RFP Professionals with Product Managers and Client Service Professionals
- Assists with other administrative functions as necessary to make group efficient and deadline ready
- Must develop ability to efficiently navigate organization
- Strong work ethic and drive to learn and contribute in a performance driven environment
- Strong interest in learning about the financial markets, economics and global events
- Excellent time management skills and ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced professional environment
- Maintain a commitment to quality and attention to detail and ensure that work is delivered completely, accurately and on time
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel in both written and verbal communications
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite software and able to quickly adapt to learning new software applications. VBA or programming experience is a plus
- Solutions minded, innovative, result oriented and possessing a curious and inquiring mind
- Ideal candidates should have 1-2 years of experience or college internships in a financial, client-oriented role
- Completion of Series 7 & 63 is required within first 3 months of service
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.
www.pimco.com or blog.pimco.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.