We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a Product Associate to assist with efforts in the Asset Allocation Group, who supports the PIMCO All Asset Funds, PIMCO Global Multi-Asset Funds, as well as customized asset allocation mandates for institutional and global wealth clients. The core function of the role involves the analysis of complex data, applying those results to make client focused presentations and require the individual have a solid understanding of portfolio construction concepts, multiple asset classes and asset class interaction. The Product Associate must build strong internal relationships and partnerships with Portfolio Managers, Account Associates and Account Managers, Business Development and Compliance teams across the firm. This job will be based in Newport Beach. Position Requirements:
• Well organized, high energy level/self-starter; focus on production and results orientation
• 2-3 years of related experience
• The ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
• Ability to organize and communicate information effectively in writing and interpersonal communications.
• Strong mathematical and quantitative abilities
• Enthusiasm for the financial markets and investment management
• Ability to understand financial concepts (portfolio construction, asset class properties) and talks about them intelligently
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and reasonable proficiency with Business Objects, Bloomberg and other index provider systems preferred
• CFA designation (or active status in program) desired
• A major in Business/Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Accounting preferred
• Support Product Strategists in delivering portfolio solutions for clients
• Lever the effectiveness of the Product Strategy team so that they can focus on strategy advice and implementation by supervising data/information coordination and analysis
• Perform detailed portfolio research and quantitative analysis with Excel, Bloomberg, and Business Query
• Perform risk management, attribution, market commentary, and other product analysis reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
• Work with the product strategy team to monitor and manage the project queue to help prioritize opportunities, follow up with AM's to ensure continued connectivity and sustained involvement with clients
• Be an internal resource for client servicing and marketing groups for asset allocation related questions and inquiries.
• Maintain marketing materials such as presentation books and other general education materials
• Assist with RFPs
• Ad Hoc research projects related to competitors and portfolio construction topics
• Assist in the development of new products and funds Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office