Asset Information Associate
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Asset Information team is responsible for establishing and maintaining PIMCO's proprietary reference data warehouse. We utilize various vendors and sources, including Bloomberg, Markit, MSCI, and Reuters, and offer documents to ensure the accurate population of security and issuer level data. Our team's other core responsibilities include:
- Answering complex product-related inquiries.
- Performing data integrity analysis.
- Addressing ad hoc research projects.
- Working with development teams to expand further and enhance our proprietary systems.
As an Asset Information Associate will, you focus on creating new security masters while assisting the team on projects and inquiries. Our team has exposure to all the products that PIMCO trades, so you will have an outstanding opportunity to learn the mechanics of the instruments, how the data is stored throughout our internal systems, and how end-users consume the information. In this role, you will frequently collaborate with teams across the organization, including Legal, Compliance, Technology, Analytics, Risk, Account, and Portfolio Management. If you have a solid technical background along with a strong understanding of the financial markets, we would like to hear from you! About You
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, including the ability to multi-task and lead many ongoing initiatives
- Resourceful, inquisitive, and enjoy problem-solving. Many of the concepts and/or solutions we face are sophisticated, and you bring a desire to work through these complex scenarios
- You bring a proven track record to deliver on assigned responsibilities through pursuing excellence, outstanding attention to detail, and using interpersonal and communication skills
- You seamlessly adapt to shifting priorities and enjoy working with ambiguity
- A standout teammate who builds positive relationships and collaborates across multiple levels of a globally diverse organization, including external vendors
- You have a track record of building credibility and trust through consistent behavior, high integrity, and judgment
- Intellectual curiosity, a dedication to professional development, and ability to learn, and interest in staying on top of emerging trends
- Self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have high emotional intelligence, are flexible, and resilient
- Proven record of navigating unstructured processes and simultaneously handling responsibilities with multiple, exciting demands
- Create and maintain security master information
- Monitor daily quality assurance checks
- Reference data analysis and ad hoc projects
- Answer data related inquiries for various departments throughout the organization
- Submit system enhancements and work with technology teams to implement
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Economics or Finance
- MBA, CFA, or active status in either program is desirable
- Previous reference data experience and knowledge of the financial markets
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency in MS Excel and SQL
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office