Analyst, Investment Compliance
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals interested in pursuing a career in a fast paced, dynamic, and challenging workplace with highly motivated and intelligent professionals. Analysts will focus on either document analysis and interpretation, coding and automation or reviewing proposed transactions and allocation against guideline restrictions. The Analyst will have broad exposure to the entire Investment Guideline Compliance process. Individuals in this position will have frequent interaction with a variety of groups at all levels of seniority including other teams within Legal & Compliance, Technology, Account Management, Product Strategy and the Trade Floor.
Key responsibilities can include:
- Collaborating with the Client Facing and Legal teams in negotiating investment discretions
- Interpreting investment restrictions from different sources (including regulatory frameworks)
- Analyzing transactions and portfolio holdings with respect to regulatory, client, and internal guidelines and calculating various risk parameters
- Ensuring that the guideline interpretations of accounts' restrictions are accurately reflected in the compliance system
- Researching and addressing various inquiries related to investment guidelines from various departments
- Participating in numerous ad hoc projects tied to optimizing and automating the Investment Compliance process
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics preferred)
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience in compliance or the investment management industry
- Basic knowledge of the global equity and fixed income markets, including an understanding of financial products such as bonds, equities, and derivatives.
- Intermediate/advanced working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience in the Investment Compliance process (interpreting, coding, monitoring) is ideal
- Exposure to querying, particularly with SQL and Business Objects
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940 or other common legal/regulatory practices is a plus
- CFA designation or active status in the CFA program is a plus
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Have a strong sense of honesty and integrity
- Quick learner and adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Maintaining a strong commitment to quality and attention to details; ensuring that relevant work product is complete, accurate and on time.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to face off across all levels of an organization
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding, fast paced environment and handle multiple, competing priorities and projects with high quality output
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Desire to take initiative and contribute to the department and the organization
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office