Accounting Associate – Yields Specialist
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 25 May 19
Accounting Associate – Yields Specialist
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
The PIMCO Funds Business Management Group is responsible for operating public and private fund complexes globally. PIMCO is also the sponsor and administrator of registered and unregistered mutual funds offshore.
This position will focus on assisting in the oversight and administration of PIMCO's registered investment funds, with a primary focus over PIMCO's yield-sensitive strategies which include Income, High Yield, Money Market, and Short Term products. Yield analysis and the reporting of actual and projected income/expense accruals through the utilization of PIMCO's proprietary accounting yield projection tool, PAY, will be a key component of this function. The PAY (PIMCO Accounting Yields) tool is a proprietary system designed to provide accounting measures required by insurance accounts and tax-sensitive clients. The system calculates various accounting metrics (book price, book value, book yield, unrealized and realized gain/loss), time bound income projections, and attribution of changes in account book yield over time. Metrics are computed daily, maintained on a tax lot-level basis, and can be viewed and reported at an account level, trade level, or at the individual lot-level.
Partnership will be necessary with members of the Fund Accounting, Pricing, Technology, Financial Reporting and Tax teams servicing PIMCO's public funds (US and offshore) to execute processes related to the oversight of the income focused '40 act Funds.
We are looking for an inquisitive, sharp, tireless, passionate, person that will learn quickly and play a key role in achieving operational excellence. This role will coordinate extensively with product business owners within the group and across the firm. The appropriate candidate will be able to exhibit project management skills through a proven track record of meeting deadlines and coordinating across functional areas.
- 3 - 7 years of experience and Bachelor's degree
- A firm understanding of mutual funds and fund accounting with exposure to a broad range of fund structures a plus
- Some experience with front office support/reporting, including forecasting for income/yield-oriented mutual funds with distribution targets
- Knowledge of various asset types; fixed income, equity, derivatives, and other securities
- Understanding of GAAP & Tax rules applicable to US registered funds; familiarity with IFRS or other GAAP/Tax
- CPA and/or CFA is a plus
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and data management skills (Excel usage, Bloomberg, Macro writing, Database queries, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, effective presentation skills
- Risk and control minded to aid in the on-going oversight of third party fund accounting service providers
- Highly organized; process and quality control minded with ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office