We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Client Analytics
The client analytics team produces innovative thought leadership and quantitative research for PIMCO's clients. Candidates can expect to publish research pieces on relevant market themes, construct bespoke investment solutions, and develop platforms and applications to better analyze client portfolios. The team's research topics are broad-ranging adapting to market trends and client interest. Recent publications include views on inflation, the role of fixed income in a low yielding environment, private asset risk and performance, smart beta emerging market portfolios, and retirement planning. Candidates should be hands-on creative thinkers able to build research and investment solutions from inception to completion to fit client needs. Candidates will collaborate with multiple parts of the firm, including Portfolio Management, Product Strategy, and Client Management and can expect to be involved in both internal as well as client presentations. Applicants should have a strong quantitative background as well as excellent public speaking skills.
Newport Beach, CA Key responsibilities would include
- Working on innovative research in asset allocation, portfolio optimization, trading signals, asset returns and valuation
- Contributing to highly customized asset allocation and portfolio construction studies for key clients
- Designing, developing, and improving the suite of client analytics models and applications
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a formal week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship. Position Requirements:
How to Apply
- Quantitative Master's degree (financial engineering or other technically demanding program such as theoretical physics or math) with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- Strong interest in any of the following areas:
- Finance theory (especially portfolio theory and asset pricing)
- Econometrics (particularly time series)
- Data science and machine learning
- Excellent programming skills (preferably Python or Matlab)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Good exposure to and knowledge of financial markets
- There is not deadline to apply but we are reviewing and filling roles on a rolling basis. Please submit resume as soon as possible.