2022 Summer Intern, Masters & UG - PM Analytics
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Portfolio Management Quant Program Overview
Participants with quantitative background perform research on and work to implement investment strategies. This includes analysis of historic returns, building valuation models, applying macroeconomic research, and working with specialty desks on trading and execution. The Analytics team works closely with Portfolio Management in developing valuation and risk models to help in both the bottom up and top down investment process. Analytics professionals also develop frameworks for asset allocation. Associates can expect to work in a variety of groups, from product research groups like credit, rate, mortgages to portfolio analytics and client analytics. Strong math, research and empirical skills are required, prior research in asset pricing is desirable. Responsibilities and Projects may include:
- Backtesting and optimizing trading strategies
- Analyzing asset returns and valuation
- Building valuation and risk tools for rates, FX, credit, securitized products, EM, commodities and equities
- Asset Allocation and Portfolio construction studies
- Enhancing the firm's risk and attribution models to incorporate new risk factors
- Customizing analytical applications for various mandates and benchmarks
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in mid June 2021
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training , which provides you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship.
- Be part of PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , and participate in cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll be part of a formal review process, receiving feedback at mid- and end-of-summer, keeping you on the path to meeting your summer goals.
- What to learn more? Learn more about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns
How you should apply:
- Submit your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript via the PIMCO Careers Portal
What to expect during the interview process:
Position Requirements: Requirements:
- After we receive your application, an initial resume & cover letter review will be conducted by the hiring team.
- If selected, You'll be invited to complete a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform.
- Following first-round interviews, if successful final-round interviews will be held live via WebEx. Interviews will consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
Desired candidates should possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Quantitative Undergraduate or Masters degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 -June 2023
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Strong interest and background in finance, portfolio optimization, asset allocation techniques, option pricing, and asset pricing.
- Strong programming skills and numerical problem solving techniques; training and experience with Python, Matlab, SAS, C++, or other related language. SQL knowledge preferred.
- Strong formal training in Econometrics is desired, particularly time series econometrics such as vector auto regression, error correction models, filtering techniques, etc.
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble.