2022 MBA Summer Intern, Credit Research - US
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Credit Research
Credit Research analysts evaluate various industries and companies to make investment recommendations to PIMCO's portfolio managers group. They also provide analytical support for the firm's portfolio managers by highlighting risks. Credit analysts at PIMCO specialize in a number of industries and cover all levels of the debt capital structure - investment grade bonds, high yield ("junk") bonds, bank debt and convertibles. Summer interns will work along-side our seasoned credit analysts, supporting them in their coverage responsibilities, while learning about the various industries and day-to-day responsibilities.
Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a formal week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship. Position Requirements: Job requirements
Summer Program Details
- Pursuing an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree as it relates to the position, completion expected between Dec 2022 - June 2023.
- A fluent level of written and spoken English.
• Starts in mid-June, 10 weeks in length, Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training
• Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
• Formal mentor program
• Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program To Apply
Please include your name in the file title and in the header on each page of the write-up. In order to be able to upload your file, consider combining your write-up with your cover letter pdf file for submission.
- Submit your resume and cover letter here by DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Include a 1-2 page write-up of an original and independent investment recommendation that can target either debt or equity securities, depending on your comfort level with these asset classes.
- Please note: This investment recommendation will be used in our interview selection process.
- If you have applied for on-campus recruiting through your career services, you must ALSO create an application in this system.