2022 Intern - Desk Analyst, Portfolio Mgmt. US
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2022 Summer Internship - Desk Analyst , US Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters See yourself as a Desk Analyst:
PIMCO's Portfolio Management team creates and supports investment solutions designed to help clients meet their financial goals while navigating decades of market change. The most important function of this role is to maximize return consistent with client objectives.
You will work alongside Portfolio Managers on the desk, focusing on supporting the execution and optimization of trades and required research. You will gain insight into the day-to-day functioning of Capital Markets, and contribute firsthand the trading of global risk and capital flows. Successful interns receiving full time offers will have the opportunity to join full-time after graduation. Responsibilities of the role include
- Aggregating sector/market news flow
- Engineering tools and streamline processes to aid efficiency
- Analyzing data to form summaries of overall changes in market positions
- Support Portfolio Managers in terms of information flow and data requests
- Manage orders and trade flow in a logical risk controlled manner with a high sensitivity to fiduciary responsibilities
- Analyzing and developing trade ideas in fixed income products
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
How you should apply:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts, as well as an Excel assessment.
You'll excel as a Desk Analyst if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of Dec 2022 - June 2023
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Have a field of study that provides exposure to financial/capital markets, economics, mathematics, engineering, or applied sciences.
- Are business proficient in English
- Show a strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, investments, finance
- Have strong work ethic and integrity; you should be a team player that is proactive and self-motivated
- Have the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Are comfortable with handling ambiguity
- Possess outstanding analytical and mathematical skills
- Have proficiency in at least one of the following: Python, SQL, and/or VBA