2021 PhD - Client Analytics
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally.
PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Client Analytics
The client analytics team specializes in producing innovative thought leadership and client-oriented quantitative research. Some recent topics include: tail risk hedging and risk mitigation strategies, robust optimal asset allocation, the fragility of equity markets, and planning for an uncertain retirement. In addition to research, the team also develops platforms and applications to better analyze investment portfolios. The group interfaces with multiple parts of the firm, including Portfolio Management, Product Strategy, and Client Management to develop broad insight into market-wide trends and needs.
Candidates can expect to be involved in both research and client interactions. They will collaborate to write new, insightful papers and present to clients. Applicants should have a strong research background as well as excellent presentation skills Location: Newport Beach, CA Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every new Investment Professional begins their career with a rigorous formal training program in our Newport Beach headquarters. PIMCO Fundamentals will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed - whatever your role in the firm. Your informal training will continue throughout your career at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional(s) who offers guidance and mentorship through the early stages of your career. Position Requirements: Desired Candidates Should Possess the Following Characteristics:
- Strong interest and background in quantitative disciplines; knowledge of asset pricing, economic theory, and optimization methods preferred
- Formal training in empirical research, especially time series and panel data econometrics; experience analyzing large data sets preferred
- Proficiency in programming; MATLAB and Python preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Interest in working on client-focused issues
- Ph.D. candidate from a top program in quantitative disciplines; Finance, Economics, Statistics, Physics or Math preferred. Completion expected between May - December 2021.
- Oral and written fluency in English
- We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- Please include in your application your resume and job market paper.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office