Service Desk Technician - Monterrey
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department overview:
The Global Service Desk is responsible for providing a high level of computing and telecommunications support, as well as implementing projects and technical initiatives for Fitch staff internationally. There are approximately 100 users in Mexico, split across 2 sites, as well as approximately 2,500 users in sites across: America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Support and project work encompasses all sites as well as frequent interaction with IT staff in our offices globally.
Service Desk technicians are primarily responsible for resolving queries that are picked up by themselves from the telephone, ticketing system or have been assigned or escalated to them from one analyst to another. They are also responsible for completing various project related tasks as may be assigned to them.
Service Desk Technicians report to the Service Desk Manager.
This is a support role requiring working the core hours of the business, normally 9am - 5:30pm with other technology and support staff, although work outside these hours will be occasionally be required. Responsibilities:
Duties, not limited to:
- Take and resolve requests over the telephone, face to face and via the ticketing system.
- Respond and resolve requests within the specified time frame as logged in the ticketing system.
- Keep requests updated in system with progress on a daily basis including requests for escalation.
- Ensure users are kept sufficiently informed of progress throughout the lifetime of their calls through regular emails / phone calls.
- Interpret and reiterate company policies to users and technicians and enforce policy when appropriate.
- Prepare written communications and documentation.
- Undertake research, document results and present to colleagues and Managers Develop own technical knowledge to improve ability to resolve requests.
- Work with co-workers to increase knowledge across the Global Service Desk team
- Work with other team members and small project groups to develop tools to improve the Global Service Desks efficiency and effectiveness.
- Recommend new methods or improvements based on own research, knowledge and possibly testing.
- Organise, implement and action project tasks as required within agreed timeframe.
- Expert knowledge on the local office setup
- Enforces best practice in the office
- Co-ordinate Asset Management and stock taking tasks for the office
- Manage third party providers for the office
- Major Incident Management
- Work with co-workers to increase knowledge across the Service Desk group.
- Supports Manager in recruitment
- Develop relationships with key members of the business in the office, engages business stakeholders and reinforces role of site expert
- Answer telephone calls directed to the Global Service Desk - logging and assigning to others if necessary, all calls received in the ticketing system, adhering to procedure.
- Review and act upon requests logged in ticketing system, within specified timeframe.
- Methodically troubleshoot issues, discussing with other technical support staff when required, to research and find solutions.
- Support and maintain Audio Visual equipment on site and provide assistance to client meetings
- Scheduling and support of Video Conference calls
- Maintain onsite Coms rooms, carry out patching and support network infrastructure under guidance of Network team and Chicago technical lead.
- Build, image and deployment of desktop hardware
- Component fix, replacement and upgrades on desktop hardware
- Deployment of software
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for all user or technician processes.
- Share technical knowledge with other Service Desk staff to facilitate call resolution.
- Contact equipment vendors as required for request resolution.
- Perform user desk moves when required
- Perform user training when required.
- Liaise with local office technical point of contact at branch offices as required.
- Liaise with 3rd Party providers in co-ordination of resolution/maintenance activities.
Skills and experience:
- Assist in project deployments when required.
- Positive can-do attitude with a mature and professional approach.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills. Must have the ability to listen carefully, express ideas clearly and converse comfortably with a stranger, particularly under pressurised situations either in person or on the telephone.
- Proven, excellent written communication skills - to write professional emails, communicate a range of information to staff across all levels of seniority, create documentation and write up research and analyse data.
- Strong eye for detail and a very good ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Enthusiasm for and genuine interest in IT and technical support. Must also have excellent decision-making and problem solving skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent team working skills, ability to communicate well with others and share ideas as well as knowledge for the benefit of the team.
- Strong eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Must also be patient and empathetic to the issues and concerns of others.
- Strong planning and organisational skills to enable proactive management of calls.
- Methodical approach with lateral thinking ability.
- Ability to cope with demanding situations.
- Willingness to be involved in all aspects of IT
Technical Skills Matrix:
- Ability to cover for NY Service Desk Manager when required
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp