Global Infrastructure Group - Latin America Group Senior Analyst
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings is seeking a credit analyst with 2-3 years project finance related experience, ideally in the transportation, energy and public infrastructure sectors. The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to focus on the analysis and rating of infrastructure and project finance transactions, in particular those related to transportation and PPP financings in Mexico, Colombia, Chile and Central America. Yet, this position provides the ability to work on credits across all sectors and countries covered by the Latin American group.
The successful candidate would be based in the Monterrey or Mexico City office. He or she will report to the Head of the Infrastructure and Project Finance Group in Mexico.
Responsibilities will primarily include:
- Working on ratings analysis and research on new and existing Latin American transactions, with an emphasis on transportation and PPP ratings within Latin American group.
- Evaluating innovative credit structures and participating in global criteria development.
- Identifying relevant trends, assessing their credit impact and highlighting these trends in updated industry and market focused reports/presentations.
- Gathering and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and legal documents for the purpose of producing ratings, publishing credit reports, and contributing to special research reports.
- In conjunction with senior members of the team, the candidate will meet with senior management of transportation entities and/or project sponsors, investment bankers and financial advisors, to produce these ratings and reports for general publication.
- The position has high visibility and solid growth potential. The Latin American group covers more than 70 public and private issuers, including project finance transactions.
- Proven credit skills gained in a bank credit department, a rating agency, buy side credit department, etc.
- Strong analytical thinking, superb attention to detail and robust time management skills
- Solid writing and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish. Portuguese will be a plus.
- Excellent modelling skills and thorough familiarity with spreadsheet-based financial models.
- Ability to read and fully comprehend complex structures and to ask probing questions to issuers and their advisers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and display a strong degree of flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as required.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp