Software Development Engineer
🌎 English English (United Kingdom) Espaol Portugus (Brasil) ()
This job posting isn't available in all website languages ☰ Sr. Software Engineer (Infrasctructure) New 📅 12 hours ago Post Date 📅 198232 Requisition # Apply for Job Share this Job
Justin Hastings - Chief Human Resources Officer, North America at Experian Justin Hastings talks about our culture of innovation and inclusion. Visit jobs.experian.com to search for your next opportunity. If you are a Senior Software Engineer with extensive experience in cloud technologies and big data platforms, this is the right role for you. Our engineering team is responsible for the AWS Cloud and BigData platform infrastructure for the entire Consumer Information Services division. You would help us to continuously improve how we build, secure and run our rapidly growing Cloud and BigData platforms. About Experian
Experian is the worlds leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For five years in a row, we have been named in the Top 100 Worlds Most Innovative Companies by Forbes Magazine. With a focus on our employees, we were rated the #1 Top Workplace by the Orange County Register.
The world of consumer credit can feel complex. After all, our database represents 220 million credit-active consumers nationwide with 1.3 billion updates flowing through monthly. Experians Consumer Information Services, also known as consumer credit bureau, division helps businesses sort through this enormous dataset to identify consumers, decision on loans, market to prospects and collect. This division also offer a suite of solutions to assist lenders, government entities, retailers and beyond with all aspects of the customer credit lifecycle. About this role
A strong philosophical grounding is necessary, derived from practical hands-on experience as well as extensive research and curiosity about how the best companies in the world are solving these problems today, both in terms of culture and technology. Day to day responsibilities include:
What your background looks like
- Provide expertise and leadership in cloud infrastructure, cloud services architecture and application space
- Work closely with product engineering and SRE teams, provide hands-on engagement to develop, direct and implement reliable, secured and cost-effective cloud solutions
- Participate with a cross department-functional team to establish a cloud operational governance framework
- Lead significant production improvements, drive to achieve a high degree of automation, security, and performance management
Ideally youll also have
- Solid experience with Linux
- Strong networking fundamentals (TCP, HTTP(S), routing and network security) on any public cloud platform, preferably AWS
- Expert knowledge in cloud security (network, data and resource), auditing and transparency
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation or any other infrastructure provisioning frameworks
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible or any other configuration management frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to write at least one scripting language and/or one programming language such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Java or other equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in Technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience with BigData platforms, like AWS Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Cloudera, Hortonworks etc.
- Experience with open source technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, Airflow etc.
- AWS Solution Architect Certification (any level)
EOE including disability/veterans
- Youll be working in our San Jose office, which is in the heart Santana Row
- Youll be working in a big data analytic incubator with talented, passionate individuals who are focused on architecting world-class cutting-edge analytics solutions
- Four weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- This is a bonus eligible position with a 15% bonus target
- Employee stock purchase program and 401K matching
- Wellness initiatives, online discounts, employee discounts, pet insurance and more
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© Experian Jobs. All rights reserved. | | |