Senior Financial Analyst, Fund Accounting, SVB Capital
SVB Capital is growing and is adding a senior fund accountant to the finance team! This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated, detail oriented individual who has an interest in the venture capital industry, including both direct funds and fund of funds.
Silicon Valley Bank seeks a senior accountant for its funds management business, SVB Capital. Silicon Valley Bank and its parent, SVB Financial Group (collectively "SVB"), provide diversified financial services to clients of all sizes and stages in the technology, life science, venture capital/private equity and premium wine industries. SVB Capital is the venture capital investment arm of SVB, which focuses on funds management. SVB Capital manages funds (primarily venture capital funds) on behalf of third party limited partners. The SVB Capital family of funds is comprised of approximately $4.5 billion in funds of funds and direct venture funds.
As we have outsourced the accounting function to a third party administrator, this position will allow for an increased emphasis on analysis and reporting and decreased focus on transactional processing.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated, detailed oriented individual who has an interest in the venture capital industry, including both direct funds and fund of funds. Primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Processing incoming distributions and outgoing capital calls for underlying investee funds
- Coordinating and processing investment funding and maintaining all final investment related documents
- Processing outgoing capital calls and distributions to investors
- Reviewing monthly reconciliations for all funds for monthly corporate closes
- Reviewing quarterly reporting to fund investors
- Assisting with direct fund valuation analysis
- Assisting with annual audits and tax reporting
- Quarterly portfolio performance analysis
- Reviewing and processing quarterly management fee payments
- Assisting with account payable settlements and invoice payments
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting (management and investor reporting)
- Maintaining investor inbox and limited partner correspondence
- BA/BS degree with focus in accounting or finance; CPA a plus
- Strong accounting experience and analytical skills
- 3-5 years' relevant experience, preferably in investment fund accounting or Big 4
- Experience supervising junior staff; experience with third party administrators a plus
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to prioritize tasks in fast paced and evolving environment
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced abilities in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Strong work ethic with ability to embrace change in processes and initiate changes