Associate I, Mortgage Advisory
The SVB Private Bank serves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of the U.S. economy. This includes venture capital professionals and C-level executives from all the businesses Silicon Valley Bank serves nationwide. SVB is uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seek to help streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge of their industries, capable & caring bankers and a high level of customer service.
Associate, Loan Coordinator
The Associate is an integral member of the Mortgage Lending Team who partners with a Mortgage Advisor in facilitating each transaction between our Clients, Mortgage Operations Team, and Mortgage Underwriting Team. The most qualified candidate will be highly organized, with ability to pay attention to the details, needs to be proactive and able to multi-task, and should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
The optimal candidate will possess experience in and knowledge of the following areas:
- Highly polished interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications, suitable for navigating high net worth clients through the mortgage origination process. Ability to manage client expectations (especially when sensitive situations arise) and communicate in a sophisticated manner with clients and internal partners alike in regards to loan inquiries and transactions in process.
- Clear understanding of residential mortgage transactions and how to keep a loan transaction moving from application through to funding and recording.
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements for residential mortgage originations and related deadlines for disclosures, credit decisions, required notices, etc.
- An understanding of the interplay between SVB Private Bank as the lender and the title companies used in real estate transactions.
- Keen organizational skills in order to keep a large number of transactions moving at the same time, minimizing the days in process for refinance transactions, ensuring all purchase transaction deadlines are met, and maintaining a clean pipeline in regard to timely dispositions of files as needed.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Mortgage Advisors in submitting clear, complete and timely applications to the Mortgage Operations team for initial disclosures and processing. This includes the ability to work effectively with the Mortgage Advisor to become well versed in a specific transaction request. In addition, a candidate should understand how a Rate Lock works, be able to register a loan in the Loan Origination System, and be willing to perform some process functions, if needed, such as accessing credit report, ordering appraisals, etc.
- Work as a team with the Mortgage Advisor and Relationship Manager to proactively communicate with clients in a timely manner regarding the status of their loans. Client communication may be required on evenings and/or weekends. Communication will also include sending clients documents via Docusign or the Loan Origination System.
- Ability to act independently and proactively in order to clear all loan conditions and expedite a transaction to closing. This includes following up with the client on any outstanding items needed, working with title companies on any title issues that arise, and exercising appropriate judgment and problem solving skills to minimize exception and extension requests and recognize when to escalate issues to mortgage team management.
- Manage the scheduling of signing appointments for clients, while keeping all parties aware of the sequence and timing of the steps to close the loan. Assist clients with wire requests from SVB accounts when needed for borrowers' funds to close.
- Provide suggestions on where we can improve in the mortgage process and client experience.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in the mortgage industry preferred
- Works independently, providing guidance and training to new and less experienced staff
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team orientation
- Ability to multi-task
- NMLS registration preferred