SVB Capital is the venture capital investment arm of global financial services firm SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB). The SVB Capital family of funds has $4.5B under management and includes funds of funds and direct investment funds invested on behalf of institutional investors.
SVB Capital's fund of funds invests in venture capital funds focusing on the information technology and life sciences industries. SVB Capital's direct funds invest in early stage companies in the information technology industry. SVB Financial Group's relationships with hundreds of venture capital firms and thousands of venture-backed companies provide SVB Capital with unparalleled data and information on venture capital firms and their portfolio companies as well as privileged access to leading venture capital firms.
Associates are involved in all aspects of the investment process including sourcing, due diligence and monitoring investments. The position also provides an opportunity to interact with other SVB businesses and participate in the fundraising process.
As an Associate on the SVB Capital investment team you will be involved in both the fund of funds and the direct investment fund strategies, with the opportunity to develop more specialization over time. The responsibilities center on analysis and projections of portfolio funds and companies, benchmarking of portfolio funds, preparing comprehensive overviews of venture capital firms and their portfolios, maintaining portfolio models, drafting investment memoranda and quarterly letters to investors, and supporting fundraising activities. This position offers the opportunity to apply advanced analytical and underwriting skills to the venture capital industry and to gain a comprehensive understanding of the industry. Qualifications
- 3-5+ years of work experience in preferred fields of venture capital, investment management, consulting, and/or investment banking
- Graduate of a top college/university with track record of academic success
- Preferred majors are Finance, Economics, Business, and Entrepreneurship
- Analytical orientation with advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, and high attention to detail