System1 is seeking a detailed and experienced Stock Plan Administrator to join our growing team based at our corporate headquarters located in Marina Del Rey, CA, USA, The Stock Plan Administrator will impact the organization by ensuring all activities related to the Company’s stock plan, on the E-Trade platform, are completed on time, accurately and in accordance with policy. This role will administer all aspects of our stock plan including new grants, exercises and vestings, accounting, payroll taxes, and account reconciliations. The Stock Plan Administrator will manage our relationship with E-Trade and address employee inquires as needed. This individual will also be responsible for assisting with the preparation of payroll and ad-hoc reporting, as necessary.
As part of our accounting team, this position will play a critical role in System1’s operations department. You will be working alongside our exceptional accounting team.
If you are the type of person who “gets stuff done” and wants to work in a fast-paced environment, then this is the perfect opportunity with fantastic potential for you.
The Role You Will Have
- Responsible for managing the Company’s stock plan in E-Trade, including processing stock grants, exercises and vestings of restricted stock units, performance stock units, qualified and non-qualified stock options.
- Works with the Payroll team to ensure that stock option exercises and vesting events are recorded appropriately on employees' payroll records and works with Tax team to comply with domestic and international laws for income and tax withholdings for equity grants, exercises, and vesting.
- Ensure timely and accurate information is recorded in the E-Trade system.
- Oversee proper filing of required Form 4 documents for Section 16 officers, in coordination with legal counsel.
- Manage the preparation of the year-end E-Trade requirements and tax statements.
- Assist employees with equity related questions and requests.
- Prepare stock related journal entries as needed.
- Reconcile records between E-Trade, transfer agent and general ledger on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist in the preparation of required quarterly and annual disclosures for SEC filings.
- Ensure SOX compliance for all aspects of equity accounting controls, policies, and procedures.
- Create, review, share, and respond to periodic reporting requests on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end tax information for IRC 6039 reporting.
- Communicate, educate, answer questions regarding the company's stock awards.
- Assist with payroll preparation and administration, using ADP Workforce Now.
- Maintain E*Trade Equity Edge Online (EEO) database, and conduct regular audits against HR database for completeness (new hires, terminations, account changes etc.)
- Respond to internal and external audit requests promptly.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
What You Will Bring
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or business preferred.
- 3+ of progressive experience with stock administration.
- Stock option administration using E*TRADE – EEO preferred.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now payroll platform preferred.
- Strong communication, teamwork and business partnering skills.
- Oracle experience a plus
What We Have to Offer
- Competitive PTO + 11 holidays
- Untracked sick time
- Full medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401k w/matching
- Paid professional development