Vice President, Human Resources
- Los Angeles, CA, USA Los Angeles CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Aristotle Capital Management, LLC
- 11 Jul 18 2018-07-11
With offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston and New York, Aristotle is a family of employee-owned investment management firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies. Aristotle attracts and retains talented investment professionals through a culture focused on research, investment management and client success.
Aristotle’s experienced corporate leadership team oversees a centralized support infrastructure to ensure that our distinct teams of investment professionals are able to focus on what they do best—adding value to client portfolios. The company’s support infrastructure includes shared services such as finance, compliance, trading, operations, client communication, marketing and distribution.
Please visit www.aristotlecap.com for more information on our firm.
Job Title: Vice President, Human Resources
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Human Resources to join our team. This position is responsible for guiding and managing the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the company. The Vice President, Human Resources will originate and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of superior talent for our company. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can contribute beyond the listed responsibilities and be a dynamic member of the team and the firm.
This position will report to the President.
What You Will Do:
- Recruiting, screening and staffing
- Organizational planning and development
- Performance management and improvement
- Compliance with employment-related state, federal, and local employment laws
- Employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training
- Policy development and documentation
- Employee relations and coaching
- Lead and guide HR Committee
- Company employee and community communication
- Compensation analysis and structure
- Payroll processing and administration
- Benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health
- Coordination of charitable giving
- Work closely with payroll function
- Spearhead all employee services
What You Will Need:
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop HR best practices
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction, as well as working with all levels of an organization
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Word, Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes
- Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Extensive and ongoing knowledge of industry activities and regulations, particularly in California as well as Massachusetts and New York.
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Sound judgement and resourcefulness
- Self-managed, self-motivated, and used to operating in a changing environment
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Ability to protect the organization by keeping information confidential
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organization Development or a related field
- National HR Certification such PHR or SPHR, required
- Master’s degree is a plus, but not required
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions, preferably for an investment management company.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations preferred.
- Payroll processing experience is a plus, but not required.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations, continuing HR education and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
What We Have to Offer
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) matching
- Paid time off
- Weekly lunch and quarterly breakfast
- Various Company events throughout the year
Is Aristotle Right for You?
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are intelligent, enthusiastic, and curious, someone who will fit within our culture and contribute to our expanding business. An ideal candidate would not limit their contribution to the provided job description but would help us surpass our goals by continually finding ways to improve themselves and the firm. If you would like the stability of a successful, established company and the growth opportunities of a dynamic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls.
Aristotle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Aristotle will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC, Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC, and Aristotle Atlantic Partners, LLC are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment adviser separately registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about each adviser including the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in their ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.