Mirae Asset Global Investments is looking for a Venture Capital Associate to join the team in our Los Angeles office.
About Mirae Asset
Mirae Asset Financial Group is a global financial group. Mirae Asset Global Investments (MAGI) is the asset management division with 15 offices in 12 countries and manages more than $130B AUM across multiple public and private market strategies.
MAGI has launched a new US-focused venture capital initiative aimed at investments across sectors and stages operating out of Los Angeles and New York. The Los Angeles office is looking for an Associate to join the team.
About the Role
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience split between finance (investment banking, strategy consulting or a similar field) and technology (finance, operations, or product management at a software company). We are looking for someone that:
- Is intellectually curious – You are driven and are both naturally inquisitive but humble at the same time
- Is highly analytical and organized – You enjoy data (quantitative and qualitative) and can synthesize analysis and thoughts through your strong financial modeling, writing and presentation skills
- Knows the industry – You have an understanding of major technology trends and business models and the emerging companies at the forefront of those trends. You are also empathetic to the risks and struggles that founders undertake when launching and committing to their companies
- Is a self-starter – We are a small team and you will be expected to drive many parts of the process and will often operate independently; but you are also collaborative and can enjoy being part of a team
The Associate can expect to:
- Participate in each stage of the investment process alongside internal colleagues
- Research sector themes and identify companies for potential investment
- Evaluate companies through industry research, market sizing, competitive benchmarking, customer and management references, and financial analysis, as well as drive due diligence
- Provide support to portfolio companies through their individual abilities and network alongside Mirae Asset’s collective expertise and network
- Build relationships with founders, counterparts at other firms, and other industry professionals by attending industry and networking events on behalf of the firm
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very strong analytical and technical aptitude, with attention to detail
- A high level of familiarity with financial statements and the ability to build a three statement financial model
- A strong work ethic and be highly self-motivated
- Ambition, be analytical, entrepreneurial, and excited to join a venture capital team that will be expanding over the next few years
- A proven interest in VC and technology
Please send a cover letter and resume when applying for this position