- Responsible for the management and professional development of the three members of the client service and marketing support staff;
- Gain broad understanding of policies and procedures for onboarding and maintaining client relationships;
- Support the prospect-facing sales team, ensuring they have the support and resources required to be effective when communicating and retaining clients, prospecting investors, consultants, and other institutional channels;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of all marketing presentations and materials (e.g., quarterly statement, market commentary, marketing brochures, client and special presentations, fact sheets, etc.);
- Oversee GIPS, performance reporting, consultant databases, RFP/RFI/DDQ responses and other procedures;
- Partner with Compliance to understand rules relating to the disclosures in all marketing materials;
- Maintain thorough understanding of our clients, consultants and other institutional marketplace channels;
- Oversight of the CRM database to ensure client and marketing data is accurate and complete; and
- Manage marketing initiatives/campaigns, conferences, sponsorships, subscriptions and budgets.
- Ability to be an integral and proactive member of a team, consensus builder with strong listening skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, mentoring skills, forward thinking problem solver;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, collegial team player with collaborative management style;
- Self-driven, must possess high level of integrity, discretion, honesty and professionalism;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, analytical, and self-motivated with a strong work ethic; and
- Outstanding financial/analysis skills, verbal/written and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and MBA or CFA preferred, GIPS experience a plus;
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in client service, marketing, or similar within asset management industry;
- Experience with AUM reporting/analytics, RFPs/RFIs/DDQs, preparing marketing materials for a wide range of portfolios (e.g. mutual fund, limited partnership, separately managed accounts, commingled fund); and
- Proven ability to prioritize high volumes of work across a team.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The essentials of the position include, but are not limited to, the above mentioned duties.
SSI is an equal employment opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, or medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.