VP/Director - Private Capital Advisory (Real Estate Distribution)
Lazard's Private Capital Advisory Group ("PCA") is a global team with a placement agent business that manages the raising of capital for Real Estate, Private Equity and Credit sponsors as well as a Secondary/Capital Solutions Advisory business. The investor base that PCA interacts with is primarily institutional (sovereign wealth funds, public funds, corporate funds, endowments/foundations, financial institutions and asset managers).
PCA is seeking to hire an experienced VP or Director for its Real Estate fundraising business to cover the West Coast. The individual will be a key member of the global Real Estate team, responsible for marketing funds, and/or joint ventures, separate accounts, single purpose or co-investment vehicles to primarily institutional investors. S/he will interact regularly with investors, fund sponsors and the Lazard Deal Management teams throughout the marketing process. The position requires extensive travel.
- Identifying and developing relationships with institutional investors; developing and executing a plan to close interested investors
- Continually develop and expand the institutional investor base
- Assist the Real Estate team in evaluating and pitching new business opportunities; coordinate business development efforts with the team
- Responsibilities also include distributing offering materials, hosting fund managers on road shows, arranging and attending meetings, and communication regularly with the Transaction Management team.
- Successful track record of real estate fund raising or proven institutional sales skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Diligent, organized and confident communicator, both internally and externally
- Proactive self-starter with an ability to operate with minimal supervision while working collaboratively within a team