Manager of the TCW, MetWest, and TCW Alternative Fund Families
Sr. SQL & SSIS Developer
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Mar 19
The Sr. SQL & SSIS Developer/Analyst will work on projects and tasks in support of the IT-Investment Services area. This role requires strong development skills with SQL, SSIS and SSRS with a good business background in the Asset/Financial Management industry.
The Sr. SQL & SSIS Developer/Analyst will work on projects and tasks in support of the IT-Investment Services area. This role requires strong development skills with SQL, SSIS and SSRS with a good business background in the Asset/Financial Management industry. Technical experience with using VB.net, C# and Java is preferable. The role will involve collaborating directly with various teams to improve processes and enhance capabilities in an ever-changing Asset Management Industry. This role will be required to wear multiple hats in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Among the SQL/SSIS development, the candidate is expected to develop relationships with various user groups, provide production support of urgent operational issues, engage in reporting, data validation, data acquisition/cleansing and an 24/7 on-call rotation cycle. This role will also include project management responsibilities on small to medium sized initiatives. Initiatives may also include integration between proprietary and third party systems.
Determine specifications, plan, design, and develop business critical software solutions in concert with project team and in collaboration with business customers.
Create/modify functional design for moderately complex application enhancements with appropriate staff and leadership.
Develop Operational and Investment reports in support of business needs.
Participate in the development and establishment of enterprise standards, guidelines, tools and processes in order to ensure consistency across development projects, mitigate risk and protect the integrity of the computing environment.
Perform operational and/or sustainment activities in support of key system entities that have cross-system and cross-department dependencies.
- Provide simple project management on small to medium scale development efforts.
- Create and enforce quality assurance/quality control procedures, including design reviews, code reviews, and test approach/strategy and planning to ensure product quality.
- Develop or participate in the development of integration test plans and scripts based on business case and requirements; includes new application releases and patches.
- Research and maintain knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business practices and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 6+ years in IT development with at least 2 years in a senior capacity.
- Experience in managing system development life cycle in an agile framework using TFS or other ALM platform.
- Development experience with SSRS, SSIS, and VB.NET
- Support experience of a Trading Platform such as with Charles River CRIMS preferred.
- Asset Management industry experience preferred.
- Experience with integration of systems such as Sharepoint, SalesForce, Charles River, SiteCore, or FactSet.