Senior Trust Advisor - UHNW, GenSpring/Private Wealth Management (Los Angeles, CA)
Job Description : Job Description
The Family Wealth Advisor (FWA) operates in partnership with other members of the family service team, especially the Family Investment Officers assigned to his or her clients and professionals in the Family Wealth Advisory Practice and in the Innovation and Learning Center. The Family Wealth Advisor is expected to establish a trusting professional relationship with the GenSpring Family Office (Company) clients and their staff, and is a valued team member responsible for meeting certain client satisfaction goals, as well as Company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as set by the LFO President and others in management.
The FWA is responsible for developing and implementing wealth management plan and coordinating the delivery of a wide variety of services to our clients. Proactively handling all non-investment aspects of a client's wealth management needs, including estate, tax and financial planning, insurance planning and strategy, investment management, fiduciary services, philanthropy, family governance issues and mentoring and education of younger generations.
The FWA will meet with clients on a periodic basis, present presentations to family's one on one or in group format and conduct sensitive conversations with the clients. Qualifications
- Bachelor , Finance / Accounting / Law
- 10+ years of experience in Investment Management, preferably discretionary mgmt.
- Experience working with ultra-high net worth marketplace ($25MM +).
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and facilitation / presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate clients and service teams.
- Broad understanding of individual investment strategies across asset classes; estate & tax planning; financial planning; fiduciary planning
- Proven analytical ability and detail orientation with ability to perform under tight timelines
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills with excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and financial systems
- Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including meeting the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- Series 65 licensing within 120 days of hire; OR
- A professional designation, including the Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Investment Counselor (CIC) designations as determined by relevant state regulations. All prospective employees relying on an exemption will be required to provide proof of an active professional designation. Proof shall include letters acknowledging the designation from the issuing entity or an invoice from the entity reflecting payment of annual dues for membership.
- Masters Degree or CPA
- 15+ years in Finance / Wealth Management / Accounting / Law
- CPA, CFP, CHFP, CTFA, JD designations preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf