Senior Credit Analyst - Merchant Banking
As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,800 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 50 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners. Rothschild & Co Merchant Banking
Rothschild & Co Merchant Banking is the investment arm of the Rothschild & Co group.
It deploys the firm's capital, alongside that of a select set of leading institutional and private investors. With global commitments in excess of €6 billion, Rothschild & Co Merchant Banking manages a series of funds dedicated to corporate and secondary private equity, multi-managers funds and co-investments as well as senior and junior credits.
Our business is founded on three inter-twined principles - our passion for investing, respect for risk, and culture of partnership - all of which define who we are today. Overview of Role
Rothschild & Co is looking to recruit a senior credit analyst to join its Los Angeles office and support the management of the portfolios including trading responsibilities. The successful candidates will work closely with portfolio managers to analyze new leverage finance transactions, manage a portfolio of existing credits and serve as the back-up trader in the absence of the primary trader. Responsibilities
Education and Qualifications
- Credit research and market analysis
- Report writing and presenting
- Financial modeling
- Transaction monitoring
- Client relationships
- Secondary trading execution in accordance with RCM's trading policies and procedures guidelines
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- BA/BS or above, MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Familiarity with LSTA secondary trading protocol and documentation
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Highly numerate and quantitative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships between individuals, teams and lines of business
- High degree of integrity, initiative, results orientation and entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to contribute outside scope of defined responsibilities
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Rothschild & Co North America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Disabled/Veterans
Notice of applicant rights
Notice of applicant rights (Supplement)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this career website.