A established and well-capitalized lower middle market Los Angeles based Private Equity firm is seeking a Senior Associate to join their growing team. This position offers the opportunity to gain incredible hands-on exposure to a variety of transactions across sectors such as medical, contract manufacturing, industrial, and more. This is also a career-track position so offers the opportunity for long-term growth within the firm.
- Assist in all phases of investing - origination, due diligence, evaluation, execution, monitoring, managing, and exiting of portfolio investments for lower middle market medical and industrial technology businesses
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis used to support the underwriting of potential investment opportunities
- Participate in idea generation, research and analysis activities that create actionable investments
- Travel (both domestically and internationally) to originate investment opportunities and / or participate in on-site investment due diligence
- Closely monitor the performance of existing investments in each of the portfolios, including financial analysis of the underlying portfolio companies and/or assets
- 2-4 years of experience in private equity or investment banking
- Prior experience will ideally include leverage lending, distressed debt experience, direct exposure to private equity and/or industry experience.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple investment-related projects in a time critical, transaction-oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience developing/evaluating financial models, analyzing financial statements, understanding various valuation methodologies, and working in a transaction-oriented environment
- Strong command of accounting and finance