Sales Development Manager
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Sales Development Manager
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Duties and responsibilities of the Sales Development Manager for the Los Angeles GO:
- Ensure the complete and proper implementation of the NYLIC University Curriculum and systems. This includes the preparation for the conducting of Group and Drill, Individual Instruction and Drill, and Field Observation and Demonstration.
- Work with the Managing Partner to ensure the complete and proper implementation of the GOLD System in the General Office. This includes
conducting Performance Review and Planning sessions with agents, conducting Agent Development Planning meetings with Partners and
Managing Partners, assisting with Monthly Planning Meetings,and Annual Planning Meetings.
- Sales promotion. Assisting in the communication to agents of General Office, Zone and Home Office promotions.
- Assisting agents with case preparation and in the field conducting Field Observation and Demonstration as well as assisting in presenting and closing sales.
- Learning the GOLD System and how to properly implement the GOLD Systems in the General Office. Learning the NYLIC University Systems, company resources, and how to properly implement them in the General Office. Learning the skills necessary to develop agents; classroom facilitation skills, etc. Develop a working knowledge of NYLIC Products.
- Valid State Life and Health Licenses
- FINRA Registrations, Series 6, 63
- FINRA Series 26 registration within 120 days
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Has general understanding of NYL's businesses and uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions.
Decision Making/Nature of Impact:
- Makes recommendations to the Zone Training Officer and the Managing Partner concerning General Office training events and initiatives.
- Summarizes and explains information to others.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.