- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Hotchkis & Wiley
- 07 Feb 18 2018-02-07
Hotchkis & Wiley is seeking a highly motivated individual to become part of our Research Associate Program. The Research Associates support our Investment Team, which currently consists of 21 members, by allowing them to devote more of their time to company research and portfolio construction. The program is a 2 year program (which the company may extend to three years) and will provide an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain exposure to the asset management business.
Responsibilities: Supporting investment team members on 1-3 industries:
- assist in building and maintaining financial models
- gather data from various sources
- assist portfolio managers with research write-ups and updates.
Supporting investment team members on various projects:
- portfolio analysis
- portfolio reporting
- research meeting materials
- analysis for client service
Candidate Profile: We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
- high proficiency in excel; financial modeling experience is desired
- in depth knowledge of financial statement analysis, accounting and finance
- excellent communication skills
- knowledge of Bloomberg is a bonus but not essential.
Two or three years of prior work experience in investment banking, accounting or related financial services is a priority for us and study for the CFA is encouraged. While this program was originally designed to give pre-MBA candidates the unique opportunity to experience the asset management business prior to Business School, we will not discount applications from interested MBA candidates whom we believe would derive benefit from our program.
Company Background: Hotchkis & Wiley is an institutional asset management firm overseeing U.S. and global value equity and high yield portfolios for clients world wide. The firm currently manages approximately $32 billion in assets and is majority owned by its management and employees.