- Los Angeles, CA, USA Los Angeles CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Strategic Global Advisors
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
Strategic Global Advisors, LLC (SGA) is seeking to fill a quantitative developer role that will be responsible for building high performance financial technology and quantitative tools related to the research process.
Strategic Global Advisors, LLC (SGA) is seeking to fill a quantitative developer role that will be responsible for building high performance financial technology and quantitative tools related to the research process. The candidate will work within the research team with responsibilities including:
- Building data infrastructure and tools to support investment research
- Supporting and enhancing existing technology platforms and designing new ones
- Assisting in implementation of factors for use in the firm’s quantitative models
- Extracting and validating new data sources
- Employing technologies including .NET, Matlab, SQL, Java, Python and VBA
Experience, Education and Skills
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject with supporting academic and/or professional experience developing code.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Financial Engineering, or other quantitative discipline is a plus.
- The successful candidate should have experience in SQL, as well as at least one of .Net, C++, or Java, as well as a scripting language such as Matlab or Python.
- The candidate must have at least two years of work experience in software development. Strong preference will be given for experience at an asset management firm.
- Experience with the following is desirable, but not required: linear algebra, statistical analysis, optimization methods, machine learning techniques, financial risk models and their analysis, accounting and valuation, and knowledge of modern portfolio theory/CAPM and its ramifications and limitations.
Strategic Global Advisors, LLC
Strategic Global Advisors, LLC (SGA) is an employee owned, SEC Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) based in Newport Beach, California. SGA manages over $4 billion in institutional assets. The firm is poised for significant growth and represents an opportunity to experience an early stage company environment. SGA provides international and global equity strategies for the institutional marketplace. The firm combines systematic and traditional processes in its selection of stocks for client portfolios. Since the firm’s founding in 2005, SGA has established track records in several international equity asset classes.
The SGA team has expertise in:
• International equity investing
• Quantitative model building
• Portfolio management
• Fundamental research
• Global equity and FX trading
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to Careers@sgadvisors.com