Manager of the TCW, MetWest, and TCW Alternative Fund Families
Presentation Coordinator, Fixed Income
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 19
The Presentation Coordinator works closely with the Senior Presentation Coordinator as well as portfolio managers in the Fixed Income Group to oversee the production of all customized presentation materials for the group. This position sits on the trading floor and plays a key role in liaising between senior investment personnel, communications coordinators, data providers, and marketing/client relationship managers for the production of these materials.
The Presentation Coordinator is a member of TCW’s Fixed Income team. This position supports the Senior Presentation Coordinator in the entire process of producing presentation materials along with meeting logistics for the Fixed Income Group. Then incumbent plays a key role in liaising between senior investment personnel, communications coordinators, data providers and marketing/client services managers to gather complete and accurate information timely for the production process. This position works alongside investment professionals in a trading floor environment.
The ideal candidate must be an efficient multi-tasker who remains calm under pressure within a fast-paced, high-profile environment. The incumbent must have a strong ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks while proactively seeking out solutions that incorporate feedback and communication under the direction and guidance of the Senior Presentation Coordinator. The position requires quick turnaround on projects and presentations while maintaining a high level of efficiency and accuracy. Strong recall skills and resourcefulness are vital in order to effectively find/use historical documents that are helpful to current projects. Must be highly adaptable and flexible to changing and varied requests.
- Update SharePoint calendar and administrative Fixed Income log
- Assist with the production of presentation materials from start to finish - liaising with portfolio managers, communications staff, data providers and marketing/client service managers.
- Update/Process quarterly standard materials.
- Act as a gate keeper in vetting marketing/sales requests for meetings and conference calls with clients and prospects.
- Handle meeting coordination for Fixed Income team members and managers; tasks include but are not limited to making room reservations, coordinating room setup, creating meeting agendas, and updating calendars.
- Provide back-up coverage for other Fixed Income Admins. Duties include but are not limited to answering telephones and coordinating/disseminating online Morning Reports to traders. (This will require some flexibility to begin work at 5:30am a few weeks a year when filling in for Trading Desk assistant.)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years of experience working in financial services, preferably in buy-side asset management
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing critical tasks that are deadline-driven and highly sensitive
- Ability to concentrate on tasks at hand in an open, busy trading floor environment
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills in working through issues and situations
- Flexible and open to receiving constructive feedback
- Strong team player and collaborates well with others
- Proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Adobe PDF and SharePoint