Mergers and Acquisitions Financial Due Diligence Senior Manager
- Los Angeles, CA, USA Los Angeles CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Services LP - Global
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
Mergers and Acquisitions Financial Due Diligence Senior Manager
Are you looking to capitalize on your assurance and technical accounting experience in a fast -paced and dynamic deal environment? Deloitte M&A Services is the recognized marketplace leader among large professional services firms in providing merger, acquisition, and divestiture services to corporate strategic buyers and private equity investors.
Join our large-cap private equity team in providing market-leading acquisition and divestiture advisory services that span the M&A lifecycle from growth strategy to target screening and diligence, through integration and separation support. M&A transactions are among the more complex activities a business can undertake. Our M&A practice is comprised of professionals who are dedicated exclusively to M&A services. We work with both private equity investors and corporate strategic buyers and sellers to deliver a full range of deal advice and execution support, including due diligence, tax and accounting structuring, merger integration, separation and post-transaction support. Working with our seasoned multi-disciplinary M&A team, you will deliver the best commercial solutions to our M&A clients and maximize their stakeholders' value.
Deloitte is seeking an M&A accounting Senior Manager with experience serving private equity to lead M&A financial due diligence, structuring and deal execution support.
Work you'll do
As a technical expert with deep exposure to accounting issues and reporting requirements, you will research and work with M&A teams on a broad spectrum of technical accounting matters including complex issues in accounting for business combinations, consolidations, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, leases, intangibles and financial instruments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to directly deliver highly valued service to clients through working on a diverse array of M&A engagements. You will -
- Lead M&A transaction advisory engagements primarily working with large-cap private equity investors and their portfolio companies
- Coordinate with PEI investment professionals on diligence focus areas and communicate issues and deal considerations on a real-time basis
- Manage and coordinate M&A engagement execution with Deloitte's cross-functional M&A engagement teams
- Conduct diligence discussions with various parties throughout the M&A process including clients, sellers, management teams, potential bidders and other advisors
- Create and tailor analyses of target financial data to identify valuation and contractual matters for consideration in evaluating quality of earnings, normalized working capital, and items affecting future cash flows
- Produce and deliver customized diligence reports summarizing key diligence findings
- Advise and comment on financial and accounting considerations in investment models
- Provide advice and recommendations on various deal specific contractual matters including purchase agreements, bank finance agreements and public debt offering documents
- Identify integration, separation and post-transaction transition issues
- Engage in PEI and portfolio company client relationship development activities
- Evaluate, counsel, mentor and provide feedback to other team members; contribute to the ongoing development of M&A best practices
An in-depth understanding of the M&A landscape, market experience, and access to our global network of advisors means we have the capabilities to help clients confidently pursue strategic transactions in both domestic and global markets - this includes managing the entire M&A lifecycle. Working with our clients to develop growth strategies based on their organizational goals, our services are designed to help clients be prepared to capitalize on opportunities during the merger, acquisition or divestiture process. Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Mergers and Acquisition practice.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
- At least 7 years of public accounting experience, with minimum 3 years of M&A
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS and SEC financial reporting requirements
- Solid project management skills and ability to lead teams in planning, execution and delivery of engagements
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, strong Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited college/university
- Must be a licensed CPA
- Ability to travel
Requisition code: E18NATESRMSP012-MA