Document Processing Center, Import Associate/AVP
- Commensurate with Experience
- Los Angeles, CA, USA Los Angeles CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
Job Purpose: - Performs daily transaction processing and general clerical duties in the LC Advising, LC Issuance and Document Section. - Participate in compliance and risks control as according to departmental compliance and risks control procedures and as directed by the Department Head and TSD BSA Officers.
- Performs daily transaction processing and general clerical duties in the LC Advising, LC Issuance and Document Section.
- Participate in compliance and risks control as according to departmental compliance and risks control procedures and as directed by the Department Head and TSD BSA Officers.
- Import LC: Issuance, amendment, cancellation, collect charge, document presentation, bankers’ acceptance, payment, shipping guarantee, and other communication under import LC business
- Export LC: Advising, confirmation, cancellation, amendment, AOP, transfer and other communications under export LC business
- Prepare daily, monthly or other periodic reports
- Documentation transaction related records, and filing
- Answer and respond to customers’ inquiries
- Refer customer’s complaint to superior
- Handling KYC folder for assigned customer
- Refer to superior if unable to answer customer’s question or customer wants a deeper understanding of the products
Compliance and Major Risks Control:
- Check daily transactions against OFAC, KYC, BSA, Anti-Boycott, EAR and any other US Government Regulations during daily transactions processing
- Fill out transactional worksheets, check for red flags and perform OFAC screening, goods pricing check, customer due diligence, negative news search and vessel check, etc.
- Escalate red flags and unusual findings to supervisor and the Middle Desk
- Obtain approval of transactions from LCD or RMD if necessary
- Provide transactional data to Marketing teams and Middle Desk for the purpose of customer KYC review and the preparation of various compliance and risks control reports
- Provide risk control data to Middle Desk for reporting to IRMs
- Attend BSA, AML, KYC and any other compliance or risk control seminars provided by the bank
- In the role of account representative, set up customer profile, timely update and review it. Perform customer due diligence as according the departmental KYC procedures
- 4+ years of professional working experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Mandarin/English bilingual ability required
- MS Office proficiency
- Knowledge of: LC operations, regulatory and compliance, banking industry, trade service and trade finance operations, BSA/KYC/AML etc.
- CDCS certification preferred