Consumer Finance Group | Java FinTech Manager
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
PwC's Business Advisory Services group is a distinctive practice that provides audit, technical accounting, tax, regulatory, compliance, valuation services, risk management, financial analysis and cashflow modeling, outsourcing, securities processing, payments, information risk and security, data quality, mergers and acquisitions, and other services. Our integrated knowledge enables us to help our clients design solutions that work.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Our professionals assist with many of today's largest, most challenging issues impacting the following sectors:
- Asset management
- Banking and capital markets
- Consumer Finance
- Structured Products
We are also the thought leader in the financial services industry. We produce almost 150 publications and e-briefings on the financial services industry, most of which are sector specific, as well as a wide range of training and special events on issues that affect reporting and corporate governance throughout the business world.
The Consumer Finance Group (www.pwc.com/consumerfinance) is composed of over 100 professionals across the country dedicated to solving important problems for clients in the consumer finance sector. Our team specializes in mortgage banking, auto finance, student lending, credit cards, and unsecured lending.
We are at the forefront of the industry working with our clients to identify growth opportunities, drive innovation, enhance the customer experience, and anticipate and resolve emerging issues. Our group's collective knowledge is invaluable at a time when the lending industry is going through a phase of significant transformation that has put profits under pressure but also has opened exciting opportunities to innovate. Our professionals are involved in producing best-in-class thought leadership and creative solutions to complex business problems. Our clients consistently turn to us for help in areas such as: consumer lending strategy, customer experience, digital lending, loan origination and servicing, capital markets, risk management, finance, and accounting.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Information technology, information or computer science, or an equivalent discipline.
Degree Preferred: Master's degree
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in end-to-end engineering of finance applications, finance software, all layers of software design, web and mobile (iOS) applications, database design (SQL & NoSQL and security and data protection implementation, including the following areas:
- Demonstrating extensive object-oriented programming (OOP) and software design knowledge to create extensible and reusable software that meets architectural objectives;
- Designing, building, testing, and deploying technical solutions across various applications;
- Working with APIs, defining integration patterns, and integrating third party data sources;
- Creating REST based web services accessible by mobile/web platforms;
- Building Java/C#-based back-end apps and REST API services;
- Implementing business integrations leveraging service-oriented architecture, cloud-based infrastructure, and/or micro services;
- Performing tool and system selection with scalability analysis; and
- Defining reference architectures, both on application and network side.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in programming frameworks, including the following:
- Backend languages such as Java or C#;
- Frontend frameworks (e.g. AngularJS or ReactJS);
- Mobile frameworks (iOS, Swift 3);
- Databases (SQL and NoSQL), such as MySQL or Mongo DB or Cassandra;
- Messaging Services Like Rabbit MQ or Active MQ etc.;
- Continuous integration/deployment, performance/function testing, middleware ESB;
- Modern deployment tools, such as Docker; and,
- Modern development tools such as Jira and Confluence.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in early-stage software project execution and modern software development, including the following areas:
- Taking an idea from whiteboard-stage to a working prototype as an individual contributor or project manager;
- Tracking records of supporting development teams in scaling the prototype into an enterprise solution;
- Interfacing with both technical and non-technical resources (internally and client) to synthesize business and systems information;
- Identifying and solving client or stakeholder needs, including complex operations challenges;
- Making sound software design decisions to achieve both scalability and minimization of development time;
- Leveraging strategic and creative thinking, problem solving, and individual initiative; and,
- Proactively seeking and providing feedback.
- Setting up and living agile development process;
- Working seamlessly in an agile environment with product managers, BAs, and designers to understand end-user requirements;
- Formulating use cases, and implementing pragmatic and effective technical solutions;
- Troubleshooting and debugging technical issues; and,
- Working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.