Client Service Associate, Due Diligence Projects
- Competitive Base and Bonus USD
- Los Angeles, CA, USA Los Angeles CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- First Pacific Advisors, LLC
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
FPA’s Client Service department provides support to prospects and clients, portfolio managers, sales staff and relationship managers by performing operational and administrative functions for our strategies, funds, and/or managed accounts. The RFP / DDQ Associate is an integral part of FPA’s Client Service Team, and will respond to a variety of requests from clients, prospects, consultants, advisors, and others. These requests include proposal and due diligence questionnaires and the population of consultant and other third-party online databases.
Please email resume to email@example.com. All email submissions and inquiries must include “CSA DDQ - efc” in the subject line for consideration.
The primary responsibilities of the RFP / DDQ Associate include the following:
- Complete Requests for Proposal (RFP’s), Requests for Information (RFI’s), Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ’s) and other ad hoc requests
- Collaborate with Relationship Managers and Product Specialists to ensure that strategy specific requests are handled appropriately
- Continue to build out and proactively maintain the RFP/DDQ database of standard question and answer pairings
- Populate data files and liaise with third party vendor(s) to update and maintain various consultant databases
- Work with Compliance to manage the completion of regular certification requirements for Separately Managed Accounts
- Assist with maintaining various files for tracking the status of recurring or ongoing DDQ’s or RFPs
- Manager and/or work on projects to help in supporting the team’s (and the organization’s) strategic initiatives
- Experience working in a fast paced industry and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates effective critical thinking and problem-solving approach to challenges and projects
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines at times, works well under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, planning, and organizational skills with ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout a project lifecycle
- An understanding and affinity for branding and identity - Strategically look to elevate the brand and improve/innovate ways we present the firm and strategies.
- Ability to understand technical trends, and a passion to learn and master them
- Highly motivated with demonstrated initiative, independence and adaptability
- Focused on continuous improvement and operational discipline
- 1-3 plus years work-related experience preferred, financial services experiences a plus
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in an RFP/DDQ role is desirable
- Experience with maintaining a CRM system (Satuit or similar) a plus
- Experience with project management and/or process redesign a plus
FPA is and Equal Opportunity Employer
First Pacific Advisors (FPA) is a Los Angeles-based institutional money management firm, employing a disciplined approach to value investing, prudently seeking superior long-term returns while maintaining a focus on capital preservation. FPA manages approximately 31 billion across multiple strategies and has about 87 employees.