SSI Investment Management is seeking to hire an experienced investment management Associate to support the firm’s Convertibles investment team. The Associate will interact and work closely with operational staff, analysts, traders and portfolio managers. The candidate must have the initiative to assume responsibility for tasks outlined below and the skill set to execute these tasks independently with attention to quality and accuracy in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Associate position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a strong understanding of the investment process with the objective of improving administrative procedures, spreadsheets, and performance attribution reporting.
- Heavy Excel report creation and trade input for accounts, running of holdings/analytical reports, monitor fund in/out flows.
- Gain a familiarity with account holdings, process and investment guidelines.
- Day-to-day administrative support of analysts, traders and portfolio managers.
- Work with analysts and portfolio managers on stock-specific analysis, macro research, resolution of special situations and corporate actions, and performance attribution commentary.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current economic, market, and investment conditions.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the department’s various databases.
- Must be able to format, aggregate, maintain and accurately update all delegated performance data (returns, assets, characteristics) and competitive peer group analysis using FIN and other sources (Bloomberg, DBX, Barclays, Zephyr, Evestment Alliance, etc.) in new or existing databases.
- Consult with Team daily to maintain awareness of all relevant facts concerning department’s needs.
- Assist with special projects and any other ad hoc request as they occur or are required.
- Provide a thorough, accurate and timely response to any and all requests as delegated to you.
Qualifications and Requirements (education, years of experience, other skills, etc.)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required:
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, or related field, or equivalent education and training
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in financial services industry; computer programming skills a plus
- High proficiency of Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills with a proficient understanding of common securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.), market data services knowledge, and understanding of market settlements
- Must be methodical in approach to problem solving, highly numerate, and know when to escalate issues of importance to team members
- Ability to identify trends through numerical analysis, prepare complex investment analysis reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written/oral communication skills with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The essentials of the position include, but are not limited to, the above mentioned duties.