The Associate is primarily responsible for working closely with the firm’s client service and marketing professionals, product specialists, and investment professionals to develop and produce written communications, client reporting materials, marketing presentations, and other materials as required, as well as handling the preparation, distribution and storage (hard copy and electronic) of all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly client reports and/or other special or fiscal reporting materials for all SSI investment strategies on behalf of SSI colleagues, clients, prospects and/or consultants.
The Associate must have a comprehensive understanding of the following: SSI’s client reporting documents; marketing materials; performance of SSI’s strategies; consultant databases; requests for proposals (RFPs); due diligence questionnaires (DDQs); firm’s client relationship management database; firm’s accounting analysis database; handling of ad hoc requests; and fully support the client service and marketing professionals, while productively and efficiently working independently or within a team. The role requires strong time-management and organizational skills for a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
Responsibilities of the Associate position:
- Manage overall SSI brand strategy including publication opportunities and other avenues to boost SSI brand awareness. Understanding key messages for client or pitch opportunities, providing creative, professional and impactful options that are aligned with our brand; enhancing our marketing collateral.
- Formatting, producing, and proofing presentation books, product snapshots, one-page handouts, monthly commentary, client statements/letters, investment/fund performance data, portfolio characteristics, benchmark data, competitive analysis, PowerPoint marketing slides or any other periodic, and/or special materials required for client servicing and marketing, while always maintaining firm-wide branding standards.
- Ensure thorough review of marketing material compliance standards including but not limited to Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®).
- Provide a thorough, accurate, and timely response to any client, prospect, or consultant request as delegated to the Associate, as well as to any client service and marketing teammate, with “follow-up” requests, such as preparing materials, graphs, charts, CRM notes, or other pertinent information needed after a business trip or phone call with clients or prospects.
- Manage all digital and hard-copy inventory of SSI stationary, brochures, binding materials, article reprints, and other client service and marketing collateral, using in-house equipment and outside vendors.
- Although not a primary function, serve as the backup in managing the RFP and DDQ process from start to finish, relying on existing materials, industry knowledge, and information provided by individuals from various departments.
- Regular and thorough communication and peer review with all internal stakeholders regarding client account information and/or changes (opening/closing an account, prefunding agenda, account information changes, key contacts, titles, mailing addresses, phone numbers, etc.).
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the firm’s Client Service and Marketing Outlook meeting calendar as a joint team effort.
- Conduct research on prospects, assist with special projects, and any other ad hoc request as they occur or are required.
Position Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or related field.
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry.
- High proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and CRMs.
- Experience in graphic design a plus.
- Experience with digital email marketing platforms, such as StoneShot, a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of professional social media platforms such as LinkedIn, a plus.
- Extensive experience in marketing materials production; report creation and generation.
- Extensive experience with the preparation, organization, and completion of RFPs and DDQs.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and a team player.
- Extensive experience working with accounting systems.
- Knowledge and practical familiarity with the implementation of Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The essentials of the position include, but are not limited to, the above mentioned duties.